Translate

Saturday 28 June 2014

TALES FROM TIMES BEFORE - IWOFA OLOFIN (EPISODE THREE)

STORY SERIES
…consult Ifa about him if he is not to die. But I have no money. Can you help me?”

“Ha! My dear friend, Orunmila, my condition is not different from yours. I’m broke too! But, that does not mean that we cannot find a way out of all this. We should be
able to work something out. We pray always that Olodumare will not deny us assistance in our hour of need, even if we have to borrow to meet these needs! We should be able to take a loan, and I am ready to help you in any way necessary to facilitate this,” volunteered Esu.


“Ah! Esu. You are a true friend! A friend anyone can rely on in good and in hard times. Only Olodumare, your creator and mine, will repay you adequately for your generosity!”

“Anything for a friend, Orunmila! I have no doubt that you will do as much for me where I am in the same predicament. Now which moneylender shall we approach for a loan?”

“I will suggest Olofin, who is somewhat in my debt, as he consults me often” suggested Orunmila. So, Orunmila and Esu called Olofin.

When Olofin saw the two elder orisa approaching his house, he hurried out to meet them. “Welcome eyin baba mi,” he greeted in deference to them. He invited them inside and made them comfortable. They exchanged pleasantries for a while before Orunmila broached the reason for their visit.

“My dear Olofin, I have a small problem and I need your help. My son is dangerously ill, and I don’t want him to die. I should consult Ifa about him, but I do not have the money for this or for the materials for the sacrifice that will be prescribed. Can you help me out with a small loan, please?”

“Orunmila, I am prepared to pay any amount you require, but, I must demand from you the usual securities,” Olofin responded curtly when he discovered that the visit was not a social but a business one, Olofin turned less accommodating.

“Ha! Olofin! Exclaimed Orunmila in dismay, after the…To be continued on Tuesday.

Story Series is published every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Don't miss it!!!

Always visit http://fedricxconsult.blogspot.com to read daily News Updates, Articles, Story Series, Devotional Guide for Youth, exclusive Kirikiri News And Lots More.


BUY A COPY OF KIRIKIRI NEWS TODAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

beloved readers drop your comments here.