Translate

Friday 13 June 2014

TALES FROM TIMES BEFORE - THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING PRUDENT (FINAL EPISODE)


STORY SERIES
…they handed these to Olukosi. He protested loudly, Oya o! Oya! My beloved wife! I wondered what could have brought about that deadly encounter we had out there in the forest earlier today. I could not account for what could have caused it. Now that I have learnt how my senior wife had belittled you, I am greatly saddened. Please, believe me when I tell you that I do not know how she found out about the buffalo skin. I never discussed it with her. Why, I did not even discuss it
with you throughout the time you were here with me. All the same, I beg you to forgive my household and me for the ignominy you suffered. I beg this in the names of your nine sons who are very precious to you. I am sorry that you have to leave us.

“However, as you have given us a means of communication with you, we do not feel abandoned. My Araka, mother of nine sons, you know that you could have killed me today if I had not had the presence of mind to turn into an Iromi just in time. Our children would have suddenly lost both their father and mother in one day!”

Araka must have been listening because. Suddenly, they all heard the word Iromi! Exclaimed, and the room was filled with laughter, laughter that was distinctively Arakas’, Olukosi had to explain the riddle to his children who now also joined on the laughter. They all felt satisfied that Araka was now at peace with them.

They however, remained mindful if the warning of Olukosi’s mother; it is not everything about oneself that one tells to another. Restrain your tongue a little. Keep some of your secret to yourself”


Kere o! kere o!
Residents and visitors in Ife Ooye
Heed the admonition of Olukosi’s mother,
Who told her son to keep
some of his secrets to himself.
He heeded her advice and saved his life.
Restrain your tongues,
residents and visitors of Ife Ooye;
Be prudent
Kere o! Kere o!
kere o!…To be continued on Saturday.

Story Series is published every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Don't miss it!!!

Always visit http://fedricxconsult.blogspot.com to read daily Articles, Story Series, Health Tips, Devotional Guide for Youth, News Updates, exclusive Kirikiri News And Lots More.

BUY A COPY OF KIRIKIRI NEWS TODAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

beloved readers drop your comments here.