Translate

Saturday 28 December 2013

THE UNKNOWN HANDS (EPISODE THIRTY-SEVEN)

…I hinged my hope on the day that I would be able to locate my way home. Then I guessed I would be able to pack some of them along with me and I smiled confidently at the thought of getting back to my village as a rich man. These thoughts were quickly terminated by another reminding me that I should not think of getting home again. If all
my experiences were anything to go by, there was no cause to be happy since I could not predict where I would be next moment considering the unknown hands that had taken over the control of my existence.

At my arrival at this mysterious jungle, I had felt I would be rescued in just a matter of days. But I was wrong for having spent many days there I realized that my life was perhaps going to end there. In the first place there was no way I could reckon my stay there in terms of years. The only thing I could remember was that on my arrival, my face was still very smooth, being a teenager but now, my beards were fully grown while the hair on my head had taken another form, being too bushy and unkempt. Even though I was able to keep the tiny crying creatures at bay with my laughter, I had also become a monster myself with my new look. My clothes were already torn to shreds in the course of my being dragged by those creatures on the day I was tied to that tree. Again, since I had found the place too cold for comfort, I had made improvised clothes for myself having got some of the tiny mats of the monsters together and used them to wrap my body all over. Being very thick, the mats were in fact a good savior from the usually cold weather.

It was in the course of my stay in this weird world that I came to realize the significance of all I had passed through before getting there. In fact, I discovered that all those difficult tasks I had undergone were to prepare me for the greater task ahead just as all the strange things I had seen was now to be understood in the light of a surprise package. For instance, in my new abode, I watched trees move from one spot to another on their roots while rumbling from them were incessant. Although at first I was afraid, I knew I had experienced such things before and was strengthened. I discovered also that the tiny creatures were as good at farming as normal human beings even though their own crops were different from those of men. For instance, their own grain of corn was as big as palm fruits while the biggest of their yams were like cocoa fruit. Nevertheless, the tastes were the same and I had no problem of hunger. But the location of the farm was something that beat my imagination. There was a dark tunnel leading there. While they bent down to pass through it, I had to crawl like a snake. That was no longer a new experience after going through a great training at the prone region. Besides, I was to find out that all the animals there were larger than anyone could ever think of. For instance, I saw snails that were as big as coconut fruits, earthworm that was almost the size of snakes and various other animals. I was however, lucky that no matter how dangerous these animals were known to be, they simply disappeared each time I came across them and I thought that I would live there comfortably as long as God let me breathe as I had discovered that there was absolutely nothing to be afraid of.

I was....To be continued on Tuesday.

Story series is published every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Don’t miss it

Make https://fedricxconsult.blogspot.com your homepage today to read articles, story series, Kirikiri news and lots more





No comments:

Post a Comment

beloved readers drop your comments here.