Translate

Tuesday 31 December 2013

THE UNKNOWN HANDS (EPISODE THIRTY-EIGHT)

STORY SERIES
…woken up from my sleep one day by wailings only to find that these lachrymose creatures had surrounded me, each holding a long stick. I was confident as usual that all I needed was only a flash of my teeth to send them running helter skelter. I was wrong however. For, I burst out laughing but they remained undaunted. Sensing that I was in
fresh danger, I ran away from the spot as fast as I could and with all my energy. Suddenly I felt those hands on my shoulders again and off into the thin air I was taken. I again lost consciousness.

I later found myself in a bush and I quickly got up at the thought that I was in that forest of terrible snakes and wild animals again. I was making a bid to climb a tree to survey the area when I started to hear voices. I hid myself to see how the creatures looked this time around. Unbelievably, from my hiding, I could see two women, normal human beings like myself, passing by. I couldn’t conceal my joy as I jumped out to ask them where I was. But on seeing me, they women simply hurried away as if I was a terrible monster. I realized that they were not to be blamed. With all the mats tied to my body, nobody would view me as a normal person. I reasoned that I had to change my look if I intended to find a person who would be ready to talk to me.

As I wandered along the path, I came to a large farm where although there was no one on it, I was able to find a scare crow set up with a flowing wrapper. I removed the wrapper and having untied all the mats from my body. I tied the wrapper to my waist. I was convinced that I was now better looking than before and I was about gathering the mats and throwing them away when suddenly I heard cowries littering the whole place. I could not believe my eyes. I was confused as I thought someone has forgotten them there and my mind went back to those pyramids. I also remembered that I had met nothing on that farm at my first arrival there. It was not even possible for how could a man forget the proceeds of his sweats? I moved the mats away and started parking the treasures away only to discover that another one had already gathered where I placed those mats. Wonderful! It was only later that I made the interesting discovery that those mats were the ones producing them. I was happy that my prayers had been answered. I packed all the cowries into another small cloth I found on the scare crow with joy, and with the mats firmly clutched in my hand, I walked back into the path and started moving towards the direction to which the women had run…To be continued on Thursday.

Story series is published every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Don’t miss it


Make https://fedricxconsult.blogspot.com your homepage today to read articles, story series, Kirikiri news and lots more

No comments:

Post a Comment

beloved readers drop your comments here.