Translate

Saturday 17 May 2014

TALES FROM TIMES BEFORE- THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING PRUDENT (EPISODE FIVE)

STORY SERIES
…”Now what am I to do without my buffalo skin? I certainly need it to move safely about in that wild forest. Without it I would become prey to wild animals and bad spirits, what will I tell my friend who gave me the skin?” perturbed in mind and spirit.
Araka followed those footsteps out of the forest and into the town of Ife Ooye. They led her towards a house in front of which a man sat alone.

Olukosi looked up from where he sat relaxing on his front verandah and saw a woman approaching. The closer she got, the more he thought she looked familiar. When he recognized her as the woman he had earlier encountered in the forest that day, he was agitated, but decided against escape. Instead he rubbed his hands on his gourdlets of medicines and amulets, and recited incantations for courage. He remained seated there as the woman came closer still. At least she was upon him and greeted him casually,

“E ku irole o.” he also replied casually,
“Good evening to you also.”

Then she sat on the ground beside him. He did not know what to do, but remained silent. She too said nothing. They both sat there like that until night fall. Then Olukosi said,

“Is there anything I can do for you stranger? Anything that you want from me?”

“I thank you, most renowned hunter; I am here to visit you. If you have no objection, I will like to spend some time in your household,” she replied

“You are welcome! Of course, you are most welcome to stay. Let me take you to my wife so that she can find you something to eat and a place to sleep.

“I thank you,” and she followed him inside. Araka sensed the presence of her buffalo skin in that house, but where?” She remained in Olukosi’s household for a long time after that. Eventually, he asked her to marry him, and she…To be continued on Tuesday.

Story Series is published every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Don't miss it!!!

Always visit http://fedricxconsult.blogspot.com to read daily Articles, Story Series, Health Tips, Devotional Guide for Youth, News Updates, exclusive Kirikiri News And Lots More.


BUY A COPY OF KIRIKIRI NEWS TODAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

beloved readers drop your comments here.