Translate

Tuesday 20 May 2014

TALES FROM TIMES BEFORE - THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING PRUDENT (EPISODE SIX)


STORY SERIES
…became his second wife. She bore him nine sons. The arrival of these children, one after the other, filled Araka with the contentment she had not experienced in her relationship with her former husbands. She even stopped hankering after her spirit friends.

One day, when Olukosi and Araka sat in front of the house, talking about this and that,
Araka casually asked her husband, “You are a renowned and formidable hunter. They say that there is no hunter alive who is as daring as you are. None, in fact, can match your dare-devilry in the forest! They say that you attack and overpower both beasts and spirits, particularly the gnomids. The same gnomids who boast of drinking out of the skulls of hunters. Well, we can bear witness to your reputation, as you regularly bring home carcasses of elephants and lions from the forests. How do you do it all, dear spouse of my heart?”

“Gnomids! Ah! Those gnomids know that they have met their match in me! Olukosi vaunted. “They know that they will never drink out of Olukosi’s skull! I have engaged many of them in combat, and none can overpower me. There is no big game in that forest that I cannot bring down. None! Do you suppose that they call me AKARA OOGUN for nothing! I have medicines and spells to defeat any animal or gnomid that crosses my part. With special incantations too I can change into any form or shape that I choose, and may even decide to disappear altogether.

“Really? What forms and shapes do you often change into when you are pitting your wits against the gnomids, for instance, dear heart?” Araka probed further.

“It depends on what form or shape a gnomid changes into during a fight. If it changes into an animal bigger that me I can infuriate him by changing into a bigger animal still. Depending on whether I…To be continued on Thursday.

Story Series is published every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Don't miss it!!!

Always visit http://fedricxconsult.blogspot.com to read daily Articles, Story Series, Health Tips, Devotional Guide for Youth, News Updates, exclusive Kirikiri News And Lots More.

BUY A COPY OF KIRIKIRI NEWS TODAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

beloved readers drop your comments here.