Translate

Sunday 20 July 2014

SOME GOSPEL ARTISTES ARE FAKE - AGNES ULUMMA AGOR (ADA JESUS)


Gospel singer, dancer and choir conductor, Agnes Ulumma Agor aka Ada Jesus (God’s Daughter) visited the corporate office of The Sun recently. She came in company of her husband, Bright Agor whom she described as her morale-booster and number one fan.
An indigene of Enyiogugu, Mbaise, Imo State, Agnes’ recently launched album, Aka Chukwu (God’s Hand) is already enjoying airplay in some radio stations especially Bond FM. In this interview with The Entertainer, the artiste spoke about her music career, challenges and efforts to shoot a video for the album among others. 

Excepts:
Why did you adopt Ada Jesus as your stage name?
It was the realisation of God’s amazing favours and His supernatural backing that made me to adopt the name. His awesome hand has always been upon me and He has always 




been there for me and my family. Right from my tender age, whenever I sing, I feel His presence and anointing in me.
How did your musical career start?
I started at the age of 10 when my parents noticed my talents and guided me to join our church’s junior choir. So, joining the choir at a tender age helped in developing the talent fast. And when the Band Group was formed in our church, it as well offered me greater opportunity.
What brand of gospel music are you into?
I play Ariaria style. Ariaria has one of the hottest gospel beats in town, especially as regards the Igbo gospel version. It’s the hottest and popular choice in the south east. It was branded Ariara by the people and over the years, it was somehow adopted as the brand name for that kind of gospel beats.
What inspires your songs?
My inspiration comes from God almighty. He always drives me to sing. I am as well inspired by the society, life experiences and happenings around me.
Do you have a band?
Yes. It is called the Anointing Praise Band. And we also cover events such as parties, crusades, revivals, weddings and other ceremonies.

Have you recorded any album?
Yes. I have recorded an 11-track album entitled, Aka Chukwu. It was launched recently and we are already working on the video.

What are some of the album tracks?
They include You Are My God, God Bless Me, Anointing Flow, and Aka Chukwu among others.

Is it your debut and only album?
Yes, it is. And it’s already enjoying appreciable airplay in some radio stations especially Bond FM. And arrangements are on to introduce it to more radio and TV stations. 

Why did you wait till now before recording an album since you said that you started off at the age of 10?


I was into back up services, dancing and other activities. I worked with late Peter Globest and Sister Vision Nwankwo.
To be continued tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment

beloved readers drop your comments here.