Translate

Tuesday 23 September 2014

CHOICE OF DESTINY (EPISODE FIVE)

STORY SERIES
… dance floor was glad and proud to present herself as a mother, readily giving the name of her children. Every woman there, except Awelewa, the only woman who could not call herself a mother and, of course, had no names to call out. She was disheartened that with all her wealth and prosperity she lacked what all these women were boasting joyously about. Dejected and humiliated she quietly left the gathering.

Awelewa went home to her comfortable and gorgeously decorated abode. She examined everything her wealth had bought her, all of them desirable in their own ways.

“Look, look at the beautifully carved chairs and chests that I have here in my large parlor! See the carefully carved doors and the windows that meet each other neatly and decoratively outside when opened. Look at the heavily woven coloured mats on the floor!” Awelewa walked into the room beyond her bedroom where she kept her clothes and trinkets. The clothes were in carved wooden chests. The clothes were beautifully woven with colorful threads. Her heavy expensive beads and her intricately worked heavy gold trinkets were in different wooden containers. She brought out some of these to delight in their beauty.

“These are all so exquisite and I am not alone in admiring them. Everyone who sees them on me pass appreciative comments. They all congratulate me on my good taste. They have filled me with delight and I was glad to be able to afford all these lovely things. But now, I feel that I need something else to complete my joy. I started feeling that way back there where those women were dancing joyously because they are mothers.

“Now come to think of it, my friend Omolafeaye has always seemed contented with those children of hers, though it is obvious that living is a struggle for them. They seem… To be continued on Thursday

Story Series is published every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Don't miss it!!!

Always visit http://fedricxconsult.blogspot.com to read daily News Updates, Articles, Story Series, Devotional Guide for Youth, exclusive Kirikiri News And Lots More.

BUY A COPY OF KIRIKIRI NEWS TODAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

beloved readers drop your comments here.